The Eynsford Concert Band Young Musicians’ Academy is designed to provide young musicians with a safe and encouraging environment within which they can build their experience of playing in a large ensemble while getting to know the band’s members, music and ways of working.
The academy will be open to students who are in full time education and who have achieved a minimum grade 6 or equivalent. The programme’s objective is that academy “graduates” become fully fledged, long-term members of the band.
Eynsford Concert Band recognises that, for the sake of it’s own survival and continued development, additional attention to the recruitment, encouragement and retention of more junior members is required.
If successful, the band is hoping that the academy will:
- Create a pipeline of young musicians who can build affiliation and loyalty to the band whilst at school, yet return once home from university/college.
- Promote the band amongst young musicians at school and university/college.
- Allow young musicians to play with the band at an earlier age, typically before they might reach grade 7/8 standard.
- Provide a programme through which parents, teaching members and others within the band can introduce candidate academy members to the band.
- Increase the number of young musicians within the band in a managed way, without impacting the overall standard of the band.
If you would like more information about this new programme or would like to register your interest in joining us, please contact us by email.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Eynsford Concert Band is committed to creating an environment in which children are protected from harm. You can read more about our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy here.